Fertilizer recommendations for Centipede

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by mrshanno, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

This will be the 1st year for me to use it if I decide to go with this product. I am checking with various sources at this time. Where are you located? How much would you need, maybe we could go in together to make an order and get a discount. PM me if you do not want to reveal info here.

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

One more question: What kind of grass is this fertilizer going on? I could see using something like this if you were planning on using ammonium sulfate prills for the N and not ever putting coated urea on a lawn. But this is too much P for centipede. I never put any on centipede unless the soil test comes back low. Even then, it is a once a year application as 1/4 lb P from solution grade 20-20-20.

3. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I was thinking of using on various warm season grasses. I normally don't use any P. I was looking for a good source of iron & micros. I didn't think that would be enough P to hurt but if you think it is I will take your advice.

4. marquiskissel

marquiskissel LawnSite Member

Which of these granular options did we decide is best? I'm not sure I'd know how to do the liquid, but I'd appreciate advice on what I should do for my centipede? Thanks so much for the help!

5. ArTurf

Male, from Ark

I don't think you could go wrong with my Lebanon 17-0-17 if you can find it. Really don't think the liquid would be practical for the homeowner. Remember timing is important.

6. marquiskissel

marquiskissel LawnSite Member

Thanks so much! What's the best way to judge timing?
    Posted via Mobile Device