Fertilizer spreader for Z steer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HighGrass, Sep 1, 2004.

1. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have an Exmark Z hp 52". has anyone ever seen a broadcast spreader mounted on the back of one of these?

Thanks

2. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

Not in the back....but I have one I mount of the front. Also have a Permagreen spreader/sprayer. The spreader on the Z works great with the Permagreen having no advantage over it except for the spraying with I dont use.

Knock them yards out...........

3. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Have a jaco spreader on front of mine very fast. Wish I had a perma green spreader.

4. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

Here is picture can spread 24 feet wide. Very fast but came with out screen used one out of lesco spreader. for the price I think I would have gotten a spiker in stead.

picture 078.jpg

5. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Well I run an Agri-Fab 175 lb. tow behind spreader made to pull behind an ATV. The difference is the controls for the spreader are mounted high up at the same level as the top of the tub. They are still too far away to control from the seat of my ZTR so I made a handle extension so I can reach it from my seat.

The spreader was on sale at TSC for $146.00. It's very heavy duty with ATV float tires and all heavy duty components. I then did the fabrication for a handle extention.

6. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

We run a Jerco spreader on our Lesco Viper. It works ok. I would rather have a Permagreen:) Its more accurate and easier to get into tight spots.

7. grassmannj

grassmannj LawnSite Member

Could you post a picture of the handle fab.