Fertilizer to use

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by pyrocare, Feb 4, 2003.

1. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

I am planning on using UHS signature products for 4 step fert program this year. It is my first year of doing this, I got into it since the company that I bought out was doing it.

I am already licensed in SD. It is not really tough for it, just go to the county extension office and take the open book test with no time limit. No other thing is needed.

Now on to the question: I have been working out what to use for the rounds. I am not sure if I will have a sprayer to use but I can sure get one if I need it. Here is what I have worked out so far.

Late April-Early May: UHS Fertilizer (18-3-6) with .13% Dimension

June: Fertilizer (not sure of mix) or should I put down another round of UHS Fertilizer (18-3-6) with .13% Dimension. The insect insecticide will be put down at this time, I am planning on using Merit. If I don't put down the Dimension I will use UHS Fertilizer(21-3-8) with .2% Merit. If I do use the Dimension I am not sure if I will spray the Merit or use a granular. I need your input for this round :confused:.

End July-Begining of August: Fertilizer I am not sure about the N-P-K mix though, I do know that I want it to have iron in it. I plan on useing UHS again. I need your help to decide on the fertilizer mix.

September: Winterizer of Fertilizer I am not sure about the N-P-K mix though, I do know that I want it to have iron in it. I plan on useing UHS again. I need your help to decide on the fertilizer mix.

I plan to use spot treatments of Trimec classic for the broadleaf weeds that come up.

I will include the list of fertilizer mixes that I have available. Please feel free to critique it, critisize it, do anything, I just want to make it better. I need to figure out what to use for the ferts and what to do about the second round.

2. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

forgot to add the list

Attached Files: