Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Wayne_s, May 19, 2001.

1. Wayne_s

Wayne_s LawnSite Member

I was talking with our seed & fertilizer rep the other day and he told me that a landscaper came in a requested a custom blend of 9-9-9-9 with 10% Iron. Has anyone used a blend like this? If so did you like the results? Lots of color with little growth? Thanks,

Wayne

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

We have used a lot of different fertilizers, low N will mostly help you in not burning a lawn, lots of slow release ferts will keep you from having to put down as many apps but is this what your looking for?

please explain more.

3. Wayne_s

Wayne_s LawnSite Member

Its not something I was particularly looking for he just mentioned it along with a spray on iron mix. The spray is supposed to green the lawn up in about a week with hardly any growth, but only lasts about 6-8 weeks (and quite expensive). We just want something that keeps the green but doesnt put out much growth. We've got a little over 60,000 sq. ft. to mow and edge every Friday, and it makes for a long day with the heat were starting to get (Bend, Oregon).

Wayne

4. lawnboykb

lawnboykb LawnSite Member

Thats what Iron is good for making the lawn dark green. If you put down to much it will turn the lawn purple. You should get no growth from it. I like furts like 8/4/24 little top growth but promoting roots. So that when the weather gets hot it will live longer. One thing about Iron as a liquid. That stuff will F### up a sprayer real fast if it's not cleaned good after use every day.
    One more thing Iron is great to add to sprays to help mask yellowing of the plant from other chemicals. We use a lot of that stuff on the golf course on the the bent greens

5. Ron Persaud

Ron Persaud LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Was that fourth "9" a typo? If not, it says something very important about that fertilizer analysis.