1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybee, Sep 18, 2000.

1. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

customer asked me about fertilizing a portion of his lawn this fall. It is basically a cow pasture that I kept mowed. It's a rather large area. I was thinking of just using Lots of lime. Any ideas . I don't think the grass is worth the expensive fertilizer.
  2. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

If this is an active cow pasture I would be careful about what types of chemicals you use. If it is unused by livestock give your customer a price and fertilize it.
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If he wants it done,give him a fair price and be honest with him about the cost.i am sure he is aware of the cost associated with a large area,if not he will be soon.How many acres is it?I would put down a basic 20-4-10 or something similar,itll cost you 40 an acre to go at 1 lb/1000.charge him a fair price,even if he's got 5 acres itll still be under 500if i did it.Why would you lime it?Do you have a soil test to show low PH?You didnt say if you had one done.If ph is 6 or lower-then lime is a good idea in the future or now.