Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by DBLC, Aug 27, 2003.

1. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

What fert should I put down and when are the best times. Spring, summer, and fall???? I have fescue, bermuda, and zoyzia. I guess I am looking for a schedule to use. Times & the correct fert. Is 13 13 13 & ammonia nitrate what I need. Please help me devise a system starting now! THANKS!
  2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know what zone you're in?

I like a 28-5-12 SCU for bermuda.
  3. Best not ask us, and ask you department of ag...or an extension office.

Tripple 13 ouch... do you need that much PK?

You might be better having this subbed out.
  4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

The easiest way to determine fertility requirements is through a good soil test. The results wil have fertilization requirements included.
  5. GreenView

GreenView LawnSite Member

I am going on my second year of owning my own business. I have been scratching my claws trying to figure out this same question..."...I am looking for a (fertilization) schedule to use..." Last year I went with the seasons and asked around for what others were using at that time and place. My notes from last year just don't make sense as to form a schedule. I saw someone recommended an AG site. I am in central Georgia what advise/links could I follow to form a good fert schedule?????
  6. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

What part of Arkansas are you located in? I personally would not throw 13-13-13 on my yards. Thats my opinion and there are many who would disagree.

There is a Lesco in Little Rock, you might contact them