fertilizers and pesticides 50% off

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbyge, Aug 23, 2008.

1. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

wow what a neat new trick i learned. a few weeks ago, i went to the home depot. i grabbed a bag of weed n feed, and threw it in the cart. at the rester, i noticed there was a little hole in the bag. i told the cashier i wanted to get a new bag. she goes, "well, it's store policy to discount any broken bags by 50%." naturally, i took the broken bag. i mean, maybe about a quarter cup spilled out. ok, so yesterday i need some dylox. i walk into the isle, look around carfully, take my index finger and poke holes in 4 bags. carefully put them in the cart. got to the register and said to the girl, "oh my, these bags are damaged, should i get new ones?" she goes, "well sir, if u like, u can have these at half price." naturally, i jumped on it. at $37 a bag, i saved a nifty $74 bucks! :drinkup: this, is my tip of the day. enjoy

2. been doing that for years.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

If I caught someone doing this in one of our stores I'd toss them out on their.......

Why not just take up shop lifting? Oh wait...that's what this is.

4. its just a few bags.

5. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

#1) Why are you shopping at Home Depot if you are doing this professionally?

#2) I buy my Dylox for $28/bag legitimately, without lying/stealing:hammerhead:

6. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah--although I don't like the dude's "Obama" avatar-I have to agree--
    you're basically stealing--if it's only a "couple bags" or 10K in stuff-it's still not on the up and up; I'm not on a rant or anything, but it's not right, ethical, or I'm pretty sure illegal (if caught). Seems like the cashier was kinda dumb too-I mean is it coincidental four bags happen to have a hole in them ??

7. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

can you actually SHOW the client at least 5 grubs per sq ft in thier lawn to justify applying dylox? if not, you ARE CHEATING AND STEALING, not to mention harming the environment for no reason.

8. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

do u explain to your customers that one grub, or two, does not require a grub treatment? do u explain threshold levels? or do you just allow them to bring the bag to the counter, and buy it, when more likely than not, they DON'T NEED IT! talk about "shoplifting" . can u say unethical?

9. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

This is nothing more than stealing. When you go to a dealership to purchase a car do you also intentionally damage it to get a cheaper price? When you go out to eat do you put hair in your food to avoid paying? This is a classless thing to do. :nono: Remember, Karma is a b*tch.

10. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

can you actually SHOW the client at least 5 grubs per sq ft in thier lawn to justify applying dylox? if not, you ARE CHEATING AND STEALING, not to mention harming the environment for no reason.