Fertilizers on fields

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by grassmasterswilson, Feb 24, 2012.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Beem asked to work on a soccer field. It is Bermuda but over seeded in the fatt with rye. Which is sprayed out in spring.

What fertilizer is everyone using and when. I was thinking of 34-0-0 or 34-0-6 most of the year at 1.5 lb of n and one high in k in fall at 2 lbs k.

Any ideas or other analysis woul be a big help
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

sports field chat rooms are dead!! i'd probably get bashed for put this on the lawn care boards but going to give it a try.

3. bamaturf

bamaturf LawnSite Member
    from alabama

i was thinking of branching out into spraying athletic fields and looking for
    discussion or info , i quess ill just have to wing it.
    and by the way grassmasterwilson i think this site is dead.
    also im thinking a lot of athletic field work must be done in house

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Around here most field work is contracted out.

Problem with this portion of the site is that it is very specialized and the few people that come here seem to lose interest fast due to the inactivity.

grassmasters, I cant help as I dont know warm season other than to say, it really isnt not a far leap from the work you probably already do...sorry I cant help more..

5. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

try calling Johnson's farm service in Bailey252-235-2311. I do ball fields in Raleigh and I work on Bermuda. I put out 34-3-8 recently. what are you cutting with?

db

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

How about a soil test to determine need?