Fertiliziing Shrubs? What to charge etc?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SW Landscape Maintenance, Mar 12, 2008.

1. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

I am going to be fertilizing quite a few shrubs on a residential property and using a 10-10-10 granular fertilizer. How do I go about putting together a price. Should I count the shrubs and small trees and multiply by x amount of dollars. Not sure how to go about it. Any formulas etc. What should I charge per shrub. All the plant material was planted last spring. Theres about 4 maples about 15ft tall and a cedar hedge etc and other smaller shrubs. Thanks in advanced.:canadaflag:

2. SW Landscape Maintenance

SW Landscape Maintenance LawnSite Member

Anybody please. Thanks:canadaflag:

3. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member

Can't really help you there. We do this type of work, but we use a polyer coated slow release product that feeds for 12 -14 months, and charge according to how much is used on the property. 10-10-10, well, is it typical ag grade fertilizer, slow release, or what? How much do you have in the fert? How long will it take you to complete the job (labor costs)? Is this a full service client or a one shot deal? If you can answer these questions, you willbe closer to arriving at a price to charge.

Hope this helps.

GC

4. mdoehling

mdoehling LawnSite Member

Green care consulting... Who is the manufacturer of the product you use. It sounds like a great product. How are the results vs. a slow release balanced say 14-14-14. I operated in the Midwest, zone 4/5. so maybe it would't even work here with our severe winters. Any info you could provide would be great. Thanks.

5. GreenCare Consulting

GreenCare Consulting LawnSite Member