Fertilizing in Michigan

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dr grass, Sep 12, 2002.

1. dr grass

dr grass Banned

I want to start Fertilization next year as a full service. as of now we throw down a few bags here and there. i need any type of information to start me off. anything to get the ball rolling with this. anywhere from pricing, to what types of fertilizer, to what to put into the contracts..... any help would be great. thanks alot!

shep :blob3:

2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

First, it takes the certification, and to aquire a business license, you have to work under a licensee, while certified, for two years before being able to apply pesticides. ;)

4. dr grass

dr grass Banned

do you need a license to spread grainular fertilizer? i thought the license was just for chemical application?have ive been breaking rules for a while now?

shep

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Shep, No. As long as it is just fert.

6. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i dont understand why you guy's do this, apply only fert that is. there is no value in doing this, when i say value i mean to the homeowner. see we try to sell a complete chemical and fertilizer program and use pitch material such as, you will free up your time, we are pro's and it raises your property value. then a guy like you with no knowledge comes in and spreads fert from kmart.. i'm sorry but that is a piss poor way to make a buck. if you want to be in the fert game than learn like everyone else who is legal.

7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

f350 - look puke. if you would stop and read the threads you would answer your own question. the reason why people do this is because chemical fertillizing is illegal (without license) and grainular is not ... seems pretty simple to figure out to me. what do you mean a guy like me. you dont know who i am first of all, son. you tell me to go learn how to do it the right way?? isnt that what im doing with this post??? tell ya what, why dont you just quit posting on my threads and ill show you the same. its idiots like you giving the rest of us a bad name.

shep :angry:

8. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

sure pa, if you would look at my post, it would be clear that YOU offer a service of no value, thus leaving a bad taste in the clients name when a true chemical firm needs to step in. i really hope your intentions are not to learn lawncare of your pc, oh your right i dont know you, but i know the type..
    "its idiots like you giving the rest of us a bad name. "

sorry guy, but this is the small minded jibber jabber that throws blows in the greens industry. so many " owners " are driven by their EGO ,
    ( like yourself, i dont know you personally but i have enough time in customer service roles to know you far better than you think )

????chemical fertillizing is illegal (without license) and grainular is not ... seems pretty simple to figure out to me. ????

hmmm, pretty simple huh, so liquid fert is illegal huh and granular is not.. ok, see you need to go work for the big green and learn.

look puke, ok guy... go shine you mower bud

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Shep,
    As far as I can see or tell, no, you haven't been doing anything wrong. I'm pretty sure, from previous discussions, that you are just spreading fert. This is totally legal. It's when you get into the herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and all the others that requires the licensing. - and for good reason; I'm sure you agree.;) Incidentally, does this mean that I'm out of your aunt's property next year for fert?:confused: lol, get ahold of me, and we'll do lunch or breakfast one of these times!:)

10. Since it was so easy to figure out then why did you just post this?

Chemical fert and granular fert are one in the same, they are both fertilizers, now once you start applying herbicides and pesticides then it is illegal without a license.

But I do have to agree that you are only doing half a service, what about the other half? Most of what people want is weedcontrol with the fert.