Fertilizing & Spraying Chemicals

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnsnake, Nov 7, 2003.

1. lawnsnake

lawnsnake LawnSite Member

I have been mowing and landscaping for sometime now, and have recently decided to expand and begin fertilizing and spraying lawns. I have some residential jobs but the commercial jobs that I have is what scares me the most, like the largest banks and businesses in my city. I have until the early spring to learn all I can about it. What would be recommended for me to learn the correct amounts of this to be mixed with this, and so on? I know too much of certain stuff will burn grass. I have thought about going to a different city or state and give of my time to a company that does fertilize and spray chemicals all the time. Hey, what better way to learn than by experience. I would appreciate any help that could be given. Thanks, lawnsnake!

2. GreenWorks Inc.

GreenWorks Inc. LawnSite Member

Make sure you obtain the proper licensure as defined by your state. Most states require a license to apply any type of pesticide. John

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

get that license now it takes months of waiting with the state and u will also need extra insurance as 4 treating commercial places don't be worried about it yet they are always price shoppers go residential

4. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

If Garner's Nurshery finds out your spraying without a license they will turn your behind in and it will cost you. You need to find someone to work directly under for a couple years, you'll need an applicators lic.

5. KINGDOME

KINGDOME LawnSite Member
    from ARIZONA

i KNOW IN ARIZONA YOU NEED A QUALIFYING PARTY LIS.
    ANOTHER THING BE SURE YOU STAY UP TO DATE AND DON'T TRY
    TO CUT CORNERS ,THE WILL NAIL YOU

6. lawnsnake

lawnsnake LawnSite Member

Are you required to have an applicators license if you applying material that is over the counter?

7. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Yes. Any chemicals you spray to a lawn and except a fee, you have to have a license.