Fertilizing Tracking

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Feb 11, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any templates or ideas of paperwork that they use to keep track of every fertilizing client? I am talking about like what day/how much is applied/what is applied/etc. that you keep for your own records? I fertilize part-time, more mowing than anything, and am looking for something to keep track of these clients better. Thanks for the help.
  2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Striper, I have used a spreadsheet in the past in landscape view (11 x 8 1/2) if you can picture it. Anyway, I put the clients down the left side top to bottom divided into routes, areas, etc... Then the next column would have a code like 30*4 or 50*5 which meant 4 apps. times $30. across the top the column heading would be r1, r2, etc. and I would fill in the date I did it. I would fill out weather, time, etc. on the invoice and use the spreadsheet to look up a specific invoice for reference. Hope this helps. I put all this in past tense because I'm using software this year. You can e-mail me if you want for more info. marc@stinelawn.com Good luck, Marc