fertilizing w/out license(Indiana)

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I do not have a chem. license and have just learned that I don't need one to apply fertilizer. Do you guys have any suggestions on walking the dry stuff? I need to know how much to dispense and when. Also, can I spread the fertilizer with anti weed mix without a license?:blob4:

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh boy, you can probally apply fertilizer without a licence, but you have to read lables of what you are using to see the correct amount to apply, you could damage to lawn by overappling fertilizer.
    As for as how much to put out, it is on the label, and you know what they say
    "THE LABEL IS THE LAW".
    As for as the question about spreading fert. with a anti weed mix, I believe that the weed killer is a pesticide and you would need a license to apply that. Try to talk to the Dept of agriculture agent in Indiana, they will steer you in the right direction.

3. pushu2

pushu2 LawnSite Member

Your questions show why licenses are important. ALWAYS read the label, never use pesticides if your not licensed and for your own sake study the local laws.:nono:

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

5. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

Here in WI you can apply fert without a license if you follow the label directions. I you deviate from the directions in any way you can't do it without an applicators license. Weed killer is a pesticide and you must be licensed to aplly.

6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Go ahead and get your license. The Indiana test is not hard or expensive and you will learn a lot in the process.

7. cecropia11

cecropia11 LawnSite Member

where in Indiana do you go to get a license, i have been looking online and the only thing that I can find is through Purdue, is that where you have to go in Indiana for applicator license.

8. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Russ

Good to see an old member posting again. Your posts were always worth reading.

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

You cannot apply any combination products(crabgrass preventer, weed & feed, etc) without a license.
    Posted via Mobile Device