Fertilizing What To Charge !!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ramone, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Ramone

Ramone LawnSite Member

What's A Good Flat Rate To Charge To Fertilize Resedential Property's I Was Thinking 45-50 Dollars Front And Back
  2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds real good. That should work well for you.
  3. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to apply fert to a 40,000 sq. ft. lawn for that price? How can anyone compare your price not knowing the typical size lawn youa re doing.

Now here is my program

$40 minimum visit fee. 5 Applications, 1 Preemergent (crabgrass) and fert combo, 1 Weed and Feed, and 3 Straight Ferts (the last one being a winterizer). I also spot spray for weeds on visits 3 and 4 (minimal cost of chemical its more the time to spray).

These prices incclude the fertilizer, my 25% markup, herbicides, and the time to apply all products. Typically with my Lesco spreader I can do a 20K sq. ft. lawn in 20-30 minutes including blowing off the driveway, sidewalks and road. But when I spot spray you can add an additional 15-30 minutes depending on the weed population. So for a 20K foot lawn I will spend about 1 hour there per visit on average (5 hours for the year) and will bring in $400.

up to 5000 sq ft lawn would cost about $200 total for the year.
    5-10K would be about $300
    10-20K would be about $400

these are general terms of course. Each site may have more or less weeds than the standard. So I only add additional cost to these prices if they have a large weed population or overall poor turf quality.
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Very funny, man you made my day! Thankx, Scott.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

SSSSHHH the lawn troopers are listening.
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

$50 stop fee, then $4 / 1000 sq ft / chemical.

$50 + $4 / 1000 for herbicide + $4 / 1000 sq ft for fertilizer.

40k sq ft lawn would be $370.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! This guy is talking about Michigan pricing. That's about 2 1/2 AND 4 times the rate we get here. We could only WISH we got that much around here.:)
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

There's a reason why I only do 25 accounts, and they're mixed in with everything else for my full service.

Doesn't seem like that much when you divide it out by 12 months. :)
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I know. It is incredible - the differences i price structure throughout different parts of the county. Of course, some of them can be countered by the price of materials, too. There are some rather extreme differences on fert. prices, as well.
  10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Somebody is swinging for the fences. I wish. I wish. I wish.....