Fertilizing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawnboy85, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

Varies state to state

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

No, the law makes exceptions for homeowners working on their own home.

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

A HOMEOWENER CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO THEIR OWN LAWN. HOWEVER THEY CAN'T NOR CAN YOU GO TO SOMEBODY ELES LAWN AND PUT DOWN AN APPLICATION WITHOUT A PERMIT

4. Myk

Myk LawnSite Member

Ok I have always wondered about that Thanks for the info

5. Lawnboy85

Lawnboy85 LawnSite Member
    from South

I'm sorry for that mess-up. I start reading these things and it seems like the only reason (sometimes myself) people get on here is to sound more professional than the last person. I read the original quote and I immediately wanted to jump on the wagon as far as questioning his quote. I'm glad we are on the same page for Patriot sounding a bit confusing. Once again, sorry for the mix-up!

6. josco

josco LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

A license is not required to buy pesticides at the local dept stores like walmart, lowes, home depot. They are not considered commercial grade products and are a much lower concentration. What stinks is they still cost as much if not more than the commercial or professional products. Thats why the homeowner can sometimes spend more money to do lawn applications themselves.

7. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

you dont have to be lisenced in every state to apply herbicide. in oregon you can apply it to your regular customers lawns, you just cant advertise it as a service. true story. ive looked into it many times.

8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Sarge, you a wrong. This is from the Oregon Dept of Agriculture Pesticides Division:

The Commercial Pesticide Applicator License is required of individuals who apply or supervise the application of pesticides on the land or property of others while employed by a Commercial Pesticide Operator.​

It took me all of 10 seconds to find. You really need to get your fact straight.

9. The Rookie

The Rookie LawnSite Senior Member

The government want a cut of our earnings in the lawncare business. Gotta love it.

10. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

then you will want to do everything legal and right. you need to be licensed so you don't ruin someone lawn or worse, cause damage to other properties which will leave you open to fines and litigation. has nothing to do with big guys verses little guys. you ask a question and if you get an answer you don't want to hear, well, too bad.:confused: :dizzy: :dizzy: