fertilzer and licensing - Florida

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greendave, Jan 12, 2004.

1. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Hey gang - looked in the archives but couldn't find any recent posts regarding this subject. I have fumbled through the Florida State web sites and have not found a concrete answer: As an LCO, can I apply fertilizer (NO PESTICIDE) in the state of Florida without licensing? Any help/links appreciated.

Thanks, David

2. howiehowie

howiehowie LawnSite Member

Hey,

If your company will make chemical applications, other than fertilizer, verify that the company has a pest control business license issued by the State.

3. howiehowie

howiehowie LawnSite Member

Sorry about that...I wasn't intending to submit that reply yet. Anyway, I found that statement
    (If your company will make chemical applications, other than fertilizer, verify that the company has a pest control business license issued by the State) on the Fl Attorney Generals site. I deduct from this that one does not need a license to apply only fertilizer. I too looked at several sites without answer but am satisfied that this info is legit. I will let you determine for yourself by checking out this link. http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/0/d7e790b0476ca61785256cc9005c86b2?OpenDocument

Good Luck

Rick

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

yes you can use pesticide/ herbicide free fert without a licsence