1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fertizer applications, New York

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by packy, Feb 9, 2002.

1. packy

packy LawnSite Member

Pretty new to the business in this area. Anyone in New York tell if there are any licenses or permits needed to apply fertilizer commercially and how about insect control. While I'm on it how about Dormaint oil? input is great thanks
  2. Lech615

Lech615 LawnSite Member

MIke, Where are you located on LI. I live IN Middle Island.

As for the fert appl. , Mike is correct. You need to take a 30 hour course befoire you can take the pesticide license test.
  3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Packy,
    Several counties in NY also have a "Neighbor Notification Law". Albany (we're still fighting), Rockland, Westchester, & I think Nassau Co.'s are all opted in. Ulster county has adopted a voluntary register that is working fine for now. Are you in one of those areas? I can provide you the list of materials that is exempt from the law if you are. They are not exempt from lisence requirements, just neighbor-notification.

If anyone else wants the list it is online at the DEC webite that Mike provided or I have a condensed version on PowerPoint.

One of my associate in New York has the 30 hour course going on right now in Rockland. The instructor is Don Gable from NY Botanical Gardens. Really good guy & a great course. You can contact Doug (the organizer) at:

4. packy

packy LawnSite Member

I've been intouch with the DEC and hall the info. Thanks everyone for the valuable input. you were all a freat help. I may ahve other alternatives. I know someone who is already liscensed and may hire him to do the work for me. I don't like the idea to apy a chem lawn company for something I could do myself or pay abuddy of mine!!! thanks packy