Fertlizer How Much $$$$

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Piscitelli Landscape, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Piscitelli Landscape

Piscitelli Landscape LawnSite Member

Hey Guys I Never Really Had A Set Way Of Estimating Fert App. I Went By What I Knew Freinds Paid And Adjusted My Numbers From There. But Now I Am Bidding Condos And Need A Set Formula To Estimate A 5 Application Or 4 App. Fertilizer Plan. Please Help Me.

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I multiply the mowing charge by 2.5 and that is fert. applied, product included.

3. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

cost of bag is $xx.xx / sq. ft. on bag = price per sq ft.
    price per sq. ft x sq. ft. in yard= cost of fert for yard
    then figure hrs to fert and squirt x your hourly rate + cost of fert for yard equals your price.

I'll be the first to ask are you licensed?
    If not, disregard the above and figure up how long it will take to pay off fine if you get caught.

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I do not believe application of fertilizer falls under the need for a license in most states. Correct me if I am wrong.

5. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

No, but who really fertilizes without spraying for weeds. After all isn't that the purpose to get rid of the weeds?

6. chevyzq8

chevyzq8 LawnSite Member

gotta have a license in Nebraska.

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Sometimes fert will squeeze out enough of the weeds to make the property acceptable to the customer.
    As for some guys who charge by the time it takles them to spray, how does that work if you have a really quick spray rig? I built my own front mount sprayer and I can cover ground pretty quick. Length of boom plays a big part in this as well as number and placement of obstacles in the lawn.