1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

fertlizer pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sicnj, Nov 26, 2005.

1. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

If I charge $60 for the cut was should the rate to apply fertilizer be cost $24 for fert. took me 15 min to apply the fertilizer
  2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I would get 30% margin on fert. $24 divided by .7 equals $34 then add $20 labor, total 55$. $30 gross profit.
  3. sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead LawnSite Member
    from MI.

I have a ????? We are looking to expand an get into lawn fertilizing. But we have been trying to get info even from the state of mi and that cool link that was at the begining and nothing. I want to know if you have to be licensed? and if you do how do i do it? thanks
  4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Try contacting your local ag. extension station or whatever they call you dept. of environmental protection. Your local Lesco can probably answer that too.
  5. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

What size is the property? Without that information your pricing help request cannot be answered