1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fescue cuts per season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Oct 1, 2003.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

picked up an account towards the end of the mowing season this yr that is 100% fescue...most bermuda/zoysia yds will get around 28-34 cuts a season depending when the weather breaks in the spring and stops in the fall...this being a fescue yard i guess i will be cutting this sucker in the winter months...my question is:
    will every two weeks be sufficient during the winter and about how many cuts do some of you figure into a yrly contract??many thx...
  2. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Same amount of cuts as warm season grass. Warm season grass grows well summer, not in fall. Vice versa with Fescue, comes out the same. I doubt too that you will cut past first of Dec. Maybe once in Jan. Probably nothing in Feb. Fertilize in March.

Let us know in March if this was the case.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

If the lawn is irrigated then you might get more cuts, seeing that you will cut through the summer months (that is if your are schedule for weekly visits).