1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fescue Seed Blends for 2012

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jlbf0786, Sep 6, 2012.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

I've been opting for another Fescue blend to use this year in my own lawn, in the past years I have only used Lesco Transition Blend or Gold Blend.

There's a few others i'm interested in trying, but I wanted to get feedback from anyone who's used them:

- SHENANDOAH II TALL FESCUE
    - Combat Extreme (Outside Pride's blend of Fescue for the Transition Zone)

______

I'm very interested in the SHENANDOAH blends, but I can't get any distributor information.

2. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd love Shenandoah as well, but my guy only offers a three way mix of Falcon, Trooper, and Escalade.

3. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

I used to work for a company here in Charlotte called FAIRWAY GREEN, they're headquartered out of Raleigh NC.
    They used only FALCON IV blend, over $100 per 50lb bag (too rich for my blood)

4. TurfsUpLawns

TurfsUpLawns LawnSite Member

I Just bought seed at JDL called supreme tall fescue blend and it had Falcon and Shenandoah in it.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Here are the Shenandoah tech sheets. There are four types. Be sure you don't get one of the older types when you paid for the newest Shenandoah cultivar. Shenandoah 4 or Elite Shenandoah.