Fescue Trimec

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by captken, Mar 29, 2006.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

how long after an application of trimec 992 do you need to wait before aeration and over seeding with fescue?
    Can you overseed the same day?
    thanks, kenny

2. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

I have seeded the same day and had good results, but had better results a couple of weeks after

3. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Read the label....

It indicates you can seed 3 to 4 weeks after application.

4. captken

I see that we are neighbors. Do you go to Olive Branch/Southaven? I may have some business for you at Dicken's Place, off Getwell.
    BTW, this lawn has never seen fescue, this will be the first seeding of fescue. PM me for details.
    I need to move quickly on this one.

5. captken

So I quess this means I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks?

6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

The label is the law. That's not just a little catch phrase I made up either. Are you licensed to apply pesticeides?

7. captken

8. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Leak,
    That is not a license. That is a private applicator card. Any farm hand in Mississippi can get one of those by watching a 4 hour video and taking a 30 minute test test.

Do a search here for your name http://www.kellysolutions.com/ms/PCO/index.htm

9. captken

Martin,
    I am a farm owner now. I have used herbicides in agriculture all my life. True, I own agricultural land in Benton County and in Marshall County...

I also own a landscape company. I asked a question about fescue and trimec. What is the problem?

10. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

The problem is that you are tricking the public into thinking that you are Licensed.