Few burning pics from this week

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Here is a job i've been working on for the last week . Clearing and burning a little over 3 acres. Then grading with the dozer and skid steer. this area was suppose to be planted in pines, but was missed during the planting and not realized until now. So i'm knocking all the waste trees down and turning it into more farm land... I mean hunting land lol

Piling it up

getting the fire started, diesel and a leaf blower work petty good

heaping up some more piles, man this stuff adds up when there's suppose to be 1500- 2000 trees per acre.

Setting another pile on fire

I hate these short days! Not enough Light in the day

Dozer and skid steer with the lights on

2. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome pictures!!
  3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like fun!
  4. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Man! If we saw that fire from the station we'd have jumped in the trucks and hauled a$$ to that fire but upon arrival we'd come to find out its just some burning a little brush.
  5. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

So i guess there is no way to use those trees for anything so that is why they just get burned?
  6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I always try to give the local Firehouse a heads up before I burn a big pile.
  7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Those black and white shots would make a great back ground for advertisements!
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

There's something about burning trees that is so awesome. When I used to clear orchards, I'd stack the piles as high as a 312 would reach. Some sketchy times when you'd get a handful that would roll off the top of the stack right after you tracked away from the pile. Stack 'em high and tight, that's the only way to go.

What we found to work really well to go along with the blower is a propane torch, one that you can just set the output, no trigger. Just set it in the pile on full bore, blow with air, and watch it go. Works incredibly well.
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I love burning brush piles. I've been doing a lot of that here lately with all the rain we've had. That and leaves too. Just blow the leaves out to the ditch and pour on some gas and let er go!
  10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very cool pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!