Lawn Care Forum banner

few pics

7K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  irrig8r 
#1 ·
This is the headwaters of the ct river in the north country. Starts as a small stream at the Canadian border running thru 4th , 3rd 2nd and 1st ct lake and into lake Francis. When it leaves there it becomes the state line for nh and vt. River is actualy owned by NH meaning one holding a nh fishing license can fish from both sides , vt only their own side. 400 miles south it dumps into long island sound at a rate of 150,000 gallons a second.

Second pic was taken 4rth of july weekend right above lake francis.

Water Plant Sky Natural environment Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Afterglow

See less See more
#5 ·
covered bridges are cool. I go up to lake champlain a lot. I was up there 2 weeks ago with my wife and daughter. We ended up getting off the highway and driving through the backroads for a while. What a site. Beautiful country.

#12 · (Edited)
Nice pics, AI. Beautiful country there indeed.

Mike, could you provide an update on the tree-color up there? We were heading up this weekend but are changing plans due to warmth (leaves should be behind schedule) and leaking dishwasher leading to water under floor leading to ripping out floor leading to replacing floor.

Edit: Just peeped the USDA site. Lockett meadow closed due to Schultz Fire burn area. Going to have to think of another.

#16 ·
Beautiful pictures. I love seeing hills of trees with leaves turning to shades of yellow, orange and red. We have nothing like that naturally here but we have some areas of mountains where there are a lot of the North American trees planted and they are beautiful.

My street is lined with Liquidambers that are about 40-50 years old and it is much nicer than the Eucalypts and other natives that are normally planted everywhere here. They have just come into leaf again as it is Spring here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.