Few pictures of some of my first work this past year!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by andersman02, Feb 28, 2012.

1. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

Here are a few pictures from last year, all of these were done with me at the head of designing and installing/managing the installation...

About me
    Been mowing since i was 15.
    Graduating this year with a major in Horticulture-landscape design.
    Adding on landscape design and build to my fathers business (maintenance w/ 2500 accounts)
    Started doing some small things a few years back and got the go ahead from my old boss to do some work around his appartment complexs (no pictures yet)

A 12 x 16 raised bed garden i did for my parents
    [​IMG]

My first pond i did, went well other then having an old cement cellar that we didnt know was there taking up 1/2 the space (which is why it is not closer to the left) Also i let one of my workers talk me into not leveling the pond (never again) which made the water table a little uneven. Some of the plant selection was poor, still looking for some good plants around ponds
    [​IMG]

A full landscape design and install my old boss had me do infront of his sons house, this was the first full design and install i did!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some simple replantings at my parents house
    most likely will be redoing the whole otherside of the house (by where the brick is as the design is terrible and choice of plants are rough (they had one of their friends (a designer) draw up a plan for them
    [​IMG]

any advice/comments are appreciated and welcome!!:usflag:

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

is there fish in the pound :weightlifter:

3. andersman02

we did have 4 various sized koi in there which did awesome for the first month untill my father (the owner of the biz) pulled out a couple plants we had sitting in there in their pots but he didnt think about the pots coming with it... turns out the 2 hardy hibiscuses he pulled out didnt bring the pots and left the water nearly black, a couple days later we had 4 floating koi :nono:

My dad felt terrible but we will be putting more in this spring, also not in the picture are a dwarf cattail and hardy lilies, keep the pond clear for the most part!

4. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

looks nice

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Your father has 2500 accounts Damn.:weightlifter:

6. andersman02

Yeah, most are 4-5 app fert/herbicide, about 50 mowing (i started the mowing end 3 years ago) and 30 plowing (can have more but not with me in college)

We originally were just herb/fert/aeration/seeding/pest but as ive been trucking along in college, been trying to expand. I will actually be making the landscape division a completely different part of the company, different websight ect ect as i will be running it by myself. But will keep the name. so instead of say the original name (say.. landworks) ill be advertising and calling it "landworks design and build" :weightlifter:

7. LawnMan19

Okay, I was going to crap my pants of they where all mowing, but that's pretty impressive.

8. andersman02

yeah weve been around for a while, in the area its mainly us against trugreen

9. LawnMan19

That's impressive to be going against a national provider. Good work