FFC Preparator

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, May 9, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I got a quote from my salesman.
    The largest one is about 7k with list of 8800.
    There will be sales tax of course.
    KSSS is a firm believer in them and Rock hounds really do not hold up well here.

Does that sound Like a fair price?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

If that includes shipping, that is a killer deal.

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

He said his cost is 5700 + 450 shipping +850 profit.

I was happy with the price.
    He is still a little sore about the Kubota purchase.LOL

4. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

Boy they are tough as nails- mine is on its third set of teeth, its seen alot of hours. I found a bit of a learning curve in using it. On some jobs they can generate alot of hauloff, gotta watch it.

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

I am all ears for any Tips.:)

When you say teeth what exactly do you mean?

6. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

The steel tines that engage the ground, and are welded to the drum. I just call them teeth. Its a pretty easy job to weld a new set on, but very time consuming. What I was getting at though is it is a real testamony to the durabilty of this device. No way is a chain-rake set up going to go through 3 sets of teeth. Too much other stuff to break. As far as tips, running it is a ballancing act between ground speed ( always backwards), hydraulic flow, ground condtions, and depth of cut. In short dont be afraid to experiment. Always have your subgrade set first. I bought mine about 12 years ago, it had those whiskers on the pads to cover tracks- the only thing I did not like. Yours have them?

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

I have not taken deliviring yet and my salesman has never sold one before.

8. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

AWJ...drive a harder bargain. Now is the time to grind. For this guy to make $850 on the deal with no knowledge of the product, just being the middle man is BS!!! The new iron market is SOFT, sales are slim to none.........now is the time to be very business-like and push for a better price......I personally think you could get it for $400-$500 less including shipping. Dealers here are selling inventory at "cost" just to move stuff.......I could go on, but you get the point.......in fact, it does not hurt to ask. H and E Equipment in SLC has two or three gently used ones that they can NOT give away, so don't be so anxious to spend retail for iron.

9. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

No dealer in their right mind is going to special order anything and sell at cost. Remember most salesman are like you guys. They have to make a profit to get a pay check. Also FFC just had a price increase due to higher steel prices. If this dealer is not a volume dealer he may not be making bu around $400.00. I just got new price list yesterday. I just looked it up. He is giving you a very good deal. Freight is around $250.00.

10. AWJ Services

from Ga

RSG I am with you 100%.
    He is beating most guys prices in the area so far.Plus he is also My CE salesman so I want to be fair with him for future deals.

I wonder why this attachment is not more popular.I have never seen one before and nor has he.
    Rock hounds are every where as are Harley rakes.
    It reminds me of a Harley rake mounted on a bucket minus the carbide teeth.

JD Skidsteer.

He said that was with the new price increase.
    He is actually been the number one Takeuchi salesman Nationwide for the last 2 or 3 years.They are pretty big but not huge.
    As far as attachments he always pushes Bradco/FFC stuff.
    I think if the salesman had not told me the price by breaking it down as Cost,Shipping and Profit it would be recieved different.
    He always tries too be honest and I hope he is(LOL) by taking this approach.

I have veiws from both sides of the fence now.:drinkup: