FFC Prepator

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, May 3, 2007.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Are these better than the rock hounds?

Also did'nt someone on here have one for sale?

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

AWJ....that would be me on the for sale. Funny thing is, I just can't seem to let it go. Just got off the phone with equipment salesman and he asked me if I was in the market for any used implements. Gave me a list. PM me if you would like his name and number.......prices sounded pretty good.....His client is selling implements to get a down pmt. for an excavator together, so he is motivated.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

AWJ: I also just priced Loegering track system for my newly ordered wheeled skid. 14" $12,400 18" $15,600 Anyone out there have a used set for sale for a 5640 Gehl skid?

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Rockset, isn't it true that just about the time you sell something you need it back? Dad just sold his Harley rake and had to pass up on a job that came by a week later that requires a Harley. Loved the Harley and we used it alot when we started out, but we're working on much smaller lots that we just bring topsoil in anyway and sod, Harley didn't see any use last year. Sold it for $5K, I'm sure we made at least $20K with it so it could have been much worse.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The preparator holds up better. It is heavier duty, does not bounce like a Rockhound in hard soil, the up keep is less. I am on my third Preparator. I had an A model Rock Hound. I sold my two older Preparators on Iron Planet and got 2500 for one and 1800 for the other one. The 77" model I just got last year was 8500. I like using a scarifier with them to loosen up the ground when needed. If the ground is loose is much easier for the machine to do its thing, it also makes it easy to level.