Fh451v 15hp throttle choke control panel

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by snuddenstang, Feb 21, 2013.

1. snuddenstang

snuddenstang LawnSite Member
    from nj

I purchased a 48 Scag Advantage belt with a FH451V 15hp Kawasaki on it. I bought it cheap because it was not all there and not fully assembled.
    I am having trouble with the throttle and choke control. I have attached a picture of the front and back of the control. I am not exactly sure where to attach the throttle and choke cables and the linkage for the choke and throttle on the carb and control.
    Also the spring that is attached on the control, does that connect to the arm on the governor? Is the spring even for this carb?
    I don't fully understand how the throttle is adjusted with this control.
    Does anyone have a close up picture of the governor?

;-1.jpeg

;.jpeg

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The throttle cable can go in either the top or bottom holes, It all depends on your throttle cable lever configuration. In the wrong hole the engine will idle while showing fast on the cable lever......Or run fast while showing idle.....

3. snuddenstang

from nj

I found this schematic but it does not show any connection between the governor arm and the control. I assume there must be some connection for the throttle cable to adjust the engine speed. From my research, it looks like the choke connects to the top slide hole, the throttle cable just below that. I just don't see how the engine speed is controlled. I am not sure where the choke linkage connects and what the connection is to the governor, if there is one.

50-fd4305664a.jpg

4. snuddenstang

from nj

Restrorob, you are too quick for me. I was typing as you answered. Great, you confirmed what I though was the cable locations. I am just not sure about the rear control connections.

5. snuddenstang

from nj

Excellent, thanks for the info. Just one last thing. Where does the choke linkage connect to on the control?

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

In a hole in this lever, Hard to see with the spring shadow......

[​IMG]