1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

fh680v kawi 23hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rfed32, Feb 13, 2013.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

hey guys im looking at buying a jd 667a stander and after talking to the guy he is telling me that he believes that he threw a rod and the motor is running on one cylinder. rebuild kit or new motor would be needed? if a rebuild kit how much do they run about i am trying to find them on line but kinda spotty...hes selling for $1000.00 just trying to figure out my cost and if it is worth it. thanks

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If the guy threw a rod I would look for a new engine :waving:

3. rfed32

from Hatboro

so new motors cost between 1500-2000 grand....hm worth it??he did just replace the hydro pumps 50hrs ago...seems like he might beat on it a little

4. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

What's the condition of the mower year and all you ain't gonna buy much of a mower for $2500 even if you have to put a new engine. if the mower is in good shape it's still a good deal :waving:

5. rfed32

from Hatboro

Mower looks clean in pics got a 60" and doing some searching looks like the oldest the model can be is a 2007

6. teckjohn

teckjohn LawnSite Senior Member

Engine make ... model...... size and for a grand you can usually get a zeroturn sit on with a blown engine...