1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Fiatallis loader help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TazLandscapes, Sep 26, 2008.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I am trying to help my cousins boss out and help him find a motor for his fiatallis fr9 turbo loader.Any help is appreciated

mike

2. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Try this question over at the unofficial Allis website, just google it, its a big site.:waving::waving:

3. TazLandscapes

What type of motor is in this type of loader.

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck :laugh:

Trying to find Fat Allis parts is tough. What is wrong with the orginal engine why can't it be fixed ?

Another model engine might have to be retro fitted say a 5.9 Cummins etc.

5. TazLandscapes

The workers ran it without oil and it blew a rod i think. he has been looking to get a used motor for it. because he needs it for winter.

mike

6. Gravel Rat

Ya once the block has a window its not rebuildable.

Finding a used Allis engine is going to be nearly impossible. There still is rebuild parts out there but ?

I would be looking for a Cat or a Deere loader get rid of the Fat Allis completely.

7. TazLandscapes

i have told him to get rid of it. but he said no. he got it from another contractor when their contract with the city dump ran out. so he got it cheap. i keep telling him to go across the street to the volvo dealer and get a better machine.
    but he wants to rebuild the motor so i have told him to go see what the volvo dealer can help you with but he wants cheap like dirt cheap.

8. Gravel Rat

Well let him burn his own bridge he will end up dumping a ton of money into a old machine. Must not have many brain cells.

9. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

to pull that engine and put a recon in it will be up to and over $10K and you still have a very old machine you could upgrade to a volvo L50-70 old series like c for in the 50's i think depending on what it has . i would go to machinery trader .com and see whats up with used machines.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

If he insists on rebuilding the Allis, I would try and find another used Allis loader with a decent engine. Buy a parts machine and you would be money ahead. The Allis is/was a good loader, but of course you can reach a point of steping over dollars to pickup dimes. Sometimes guys will continually rebuild machines that are well past their life cycle and then brag that the machine doesn't owe them anything because its paid for (usually several times over). The machine is also not worth anything. Find a used Allis loader and part it out if this is the way he wants to go.