Field Asset Services

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buddhaman, May 16, 2006.

1. buddhaman

buddhaman LawnSite Member

I was just wondering if anyone has done work for a company called Field Asset Services. If so what were your experiences with them?

2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, twice. Crap properties and they set the price. You take pics and send them in to confirm service was done. Got paid for the two I did and never heard from them again and that was years ago.

3. buddhaman

I have 4 of them now. Prices are good so far. 2 of them are kind of junky yards. The other 2 are fine.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

lets bring this back to life. I got a call from them to do a yard close to my home. Price was set at 35 per cut (yeah right) and they wanted it raked and bagged (double that yeah right)

They kept telling me prices are negotiable. I negotiated to 45 per cut but the photo requirments are nuts. I didnt know abou them before I did the cut. I will be renegotiating at 55 per cut. and they want bids on all my upsells.

Anyone else have experience with this company from tx ?

5. buddhaman

The photo requirements kept growing. Needed more and more photos. Stiffed me for $200 because I didn't have the "proper" photos. Stay away. They find bogus excuses not to pay. Photos weren't correct etc.

6. hdhillin

hdhillin LawnSite Member

Hey my father used them years ago in Texas. He charged them a per photo fee also. He was subbed by forclosure companies to do clean ups on vacant homes. They paid him the per photo fee. Just a note, so you can make up some of the difference in their prices.

7. Pro-Scapes

I cut the prop last night. Wasnt bad but once you go thru all the hassels and all its just not worth it. That vendor package alone is a nightmare. You dont need my SSN you got my tax number and insurance then the listing of FAS on the insurance ? I think not. No thanks not for one lawn.

8. Pro-Scapes

I dropped em. They said listing field asset on my insurance was to protect me.... Im already protected im listed on my own insurance. My lawyer said it was all unnessacary and would even raise a flag.

Now i would have to reccomend to anyone considering it to just run away from this one. a background check to mow a lawn ? come on now. Im not a criminal we own a respected business in our area. Its not like we are mowing fort knox here.

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I got a call from Field Asset Services today regarding a lawn about an hour away (one way). I told them $125 just for travel. She said she would call me back if she could "get that price approved". I laughed when I hung up. I'm confident I'll never from them again. She promised that she could get me more work in the area. Yeah right.

10. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

Lets revive this thread right quick. Anyone mowing for Field Asset Services or Safeguard this year. These companies have been a huge part of my business for the past 4 years hand business has been quite good. However this year they have managed to limit mowing to 4 days with a "start" day, which is down from 7 days last year. We are also being tracked this year with mobile uploads of photos by a company called Pruvan. Needless to day I am going to spend a little extra time diversifying my business this year but wanted to get thoughts from others as well.