Field Service / Routing Software ?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Aug 12, 2011.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

But most of us buy in advance to keep stocked up, so you shouldn't be buying daily and worrying about the daily price. Plus when we buy, we get our invoice right then and there and can see the price. But with my markups, a few percentages won't hurt if we miss a price change.

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

True, at 45% mark-up, one can afford a % loss, or so. I was guilty, one time, of virtually giving away valve boxes because I used my old numbers. :hammerhead:

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

using a service like HS, the employees don't need to look up prices. I, as the owner, would enter the data into QB or HS, and it would be in the drop down menu for the component. They just enter quantity.
    Mike - if you get some free time :rolleyes: check out the two videos and let us know what you think. One is a little interactive, where you click every now and then. It would be good to hear your initial thoughts, as someone from the typewriter age.
    http://www.hindsitesoftware.com/field-service-software-demo.cfm
    http://www.hindsitesoftware.com/demo.cfm

4. Mike Leary

I will. Geez, I miss the smell of "white-out" in the morning.:)

5. rawtism

rawtism LawnSite Member

Hello My Friend, I know what you are talking about; but you may find some relief in this program: service auto pilot.

6. Mike Leary

Welcome to the forum; we're a bunch of startched shirts around here, so a link would be appreciated.:)

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Pricing by FIFO or LIFO can change your margin significantly if the commodities price fluctuates drastically.

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

9. anglbraun

anglbraun LawnSite Member

LOL. If your going to use the "office girl" to send over the workorders from HS to QB - they should have "some" knowledge about the Irrigation field. And I only laugh because I am an "Office gir/ General Mananger/ AR/AP Scheduling/ Human resources and so forth . The software is great. Are you using mobile devices or tablets?

10. Jobber

Jobber Sponsor

Hey Jim,

Just wanted to reach out to you to see if you would check us out. Based on what you described above, I think we'd be A LOT cheaper than Hindsite. There is no set up fee and our monthly rates are $29 plus $9 per additional user. That's probably a lot easier to swallow.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, I think there are a few guys on here running Jobber so maybe they can help you too.

Thanks,

Jeff