1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Field test anyone?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimK, Sep 3, 2002.

1. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

Jim at TURF Magazine here. I'm looking for a licensed, insured LCO who would be interested in field testing a Ventrac Compact Utility Tractor with attachments.

If so, let me know and I'll set it up (I have to know where you are, so I can coordinate the details.

Thanks!

2. JimK

JimK TURF MAGAZINE Publisher

No takers, huh?

They do have super attachments and they are very anxious to have someone put 'em through the paces -- real time, and publish it in TURF.

Oh well, maybe I'll get a bite tonight.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

what attachments does it have not so sure I would have any use for one?

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Dang. I wish I had enough tractor work to make it worth their time. Oh well, maybe another time.

5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Funny this came up. I was just wondering if a tractor would be more useful than a skid steer and the skid steer had only one advantage that I could think of, maneuverability(sp?). A small tractor that could still handle decent loads would seem to be great. Got any pics or stats?

6. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

I have a huge clean-up job comming up in a few weeks, if you are interested in seeing what i have, contact me. I'll be interested in using the tractor if it has the right attachments......

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

well that lets me out . stanley co. doesnt require a buisiness license. pesticide license for using them ,yes

8. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

If I werent going back to school I would have loved to, how long of a field test do you mean?

9. King City Lawns

King City Lawns LawnSite Member

what is the catch?????
    how long are we talking?
    I would be interested depending on what attachments and length of test period.

thanks shawn

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be interested regardless of what attachments it has. I can fax you my license, proof of insurance and anything else you need to get the ball rolling. I've got a new JD 250 skidsteer and would like to get a compact tractor, but I want to know if it's worth having both. I already have the power rake for the skidsteer and can visualize certain reasons a compact would be better for finish grading. I've got a digital camera and could work some photo segments as I work a project. Let me know! If you want to e-mail me with a phone number I can call you tomorrow Jim.