Field-to-Forum Review #1 - THT-210S Hedge Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tanaka, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hello my name is Mike Dirks. I’m the owner of Dirks Lawn Care. We are a small lawn and landscape maintenance company in Sterling, Illinois. We have been in business since 1998 and serve a variety of customers from commercial to residential.

We tested the Tanaka THT-210S hedge trimmer for approximately four hours on a variety of shrubbery including barberry, Japanese yew, and dogwood. We also demoed the THT-210S on approximately 200 feet (five hours) of hedge rows, all with very favorable results.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best), here’s how I would rate the THT-210S:

Balance 9
    Power 10
    Fuel efficiency 9
    Easy of starting 10
    Ease of use 10
    Noise Level 10
    Accuracy of cut 10
    Safety features 10
    Overall reliability 10
    Manual/instructions 4
    Quick lock handle system 10

Our company mainly has used John Deere, Echo, and Husqvarna two-stroke equipment. In comparison to those brands, the thing I like most about the Tanaka THT-210s is how lightweight it is.

It’s about 1 to 1.5 lbs. lighter than the Husqvarna and Echo hedge trimmers, even though their comparable bar lengths only range between 20 and 24 inches (Note: THT-210S blades are 26"). The noise level seemed a bit lower than most of the other brands that I have used and we all know that this is a big deal these days.

Overall, I would rate the THT-210S as one of the best hedge trimmers that I have used/demoed. The best feature is the quick lock handle system.
    No matter which direction or position I was trimming, it still felt comfortable. I never felt that I was lacking any power while using this hedger. The THT-210S would cut through everything I could throw at it.

My biggest complaint is the manual. I would like to see a manual written for each specific hedge trimmer model number, but that is my only complaint.

Forum Moderator Notes:
    Thanks Mike - great job! Your Tanaka care package is on the way. Also, thanks for the photo, however Tanaka always encourages the use of proper safety equipment including eye protection and gloves.

If you are like Mike, and don't have a Tanaka dealer nearby, give us a call at 1-888-4TANAKA if you are interested in purchasing the THT-210S. We will find the most cost effective way to deliver it to you.

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, I like the Tanaka THT 210s so much decided to buy the demo unit in the picture. I've been using it quite a lot since I sent it my review to Mark and I have to say that I'm still impressed with the unit. Thanks again mark for letting me demo the THT 210s. :)