1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fiesta Weed control

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by JFGauvreau, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

you are waaaaaay too funny
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully, a more realistic political situation will emerge in Canada next year. I am pretty sure that a product like Dupont Imprelis would be a lot safer than Fiesta. According to my calculations, per 1000 sqft, Fiesta has to be used at 218 times the rate of Imprelis.
    Imprelis has a very good environmental and safety profile. It won a "Reduced Risk" designation in the US. Good luck to our northern neighbors.
  3. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

You can use 2,4-D in Ontario? If so where do you find it? lol
  4. Mark Long

Mark Long LawnSite Member

I have also heard that MSO mixed with Fiesta will encrease efficacy of the product. I guess it stands reason that it would since surfactants do that with a number of materials. The weed trials that support the label claims were done at Guelph as well as California. It's simple - you can't claim it on the label if you don't have independent research data to support the claim. They will continue independent testing in the US in 2011 to be able to add weeds to the existing label and to replicate existing claims. Hopefully we will have some folks weigh in that have had positive results with the material. Tech Terra as mentioned earlier does indeed have Fiesta available. Further information is available about the product. You can simply contact me at markbrianlong@engageagro.com
  5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I applied Fiesta to dandelions on Mon., by Tues they had shriveled up and turned black and the flowers will not go to seed now. As per the label, another application will be done in 3-4 weeks.
  6. Mark Long

Mark Long LawnSite Member

Phasthound - Thanks for the update!