1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Filing Extension Again?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by statman, Apr 13, 2008.

1. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you think filing an extension can lead to problems?
  2. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

I file extensions every year. This will be my 9th extension. So Far So Good. Is there any wood nearby that I can knock on?
  3. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

the united states internal rev service allows an extension,it is their rule/policy
  4. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I was told an extension this year...for the tax year 2007, and you don't get the rebate, or whatever they are calling it. Don't know if this is true, but is what I was told.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I normally file an extension, every once in awhile I get the taxes done before the season starts. Otherwise, April is not the best month to find time to do it.
  6. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

From IRS.gov
    Q. I have not yet filed my 2007 tax return. Can I still qualify for a Stimulus Payment in 2008?

A. Yes, but you must file a 2007 tax return. The IRS encourages you to file a return even if your income is low or much of your income is tax-free. File your return, if possible, by the regular April 15 deadline. If you file after April 15, with or without a tax-filing extension, your payment will be delayed. If you qualify for a payment, you can insure that you get it by filing your return by Oct. 15, 2008.