Fill er up boys and girls

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by palm boy, Sep 21, 2005.

1. palm boy

palm boy LawnSite Member

just saw a news article that says the $3 a gallon prices after Katrina may look like the good old days as prices may hit $5.00 next week as Rita does its thing on the rigs in the gulf.
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

and close to 1000 gal of diesel. Its at my grandfathers construction company but we fill up there when we need to. Palm boy where in central Florida are you at?
  3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks in advance for helping do your part to drive up the price.
  4. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

stocking up on gas is not driving up the price , Think about those pickuptruck bed tanks that hold up to 100 gal of fuel , Ya going to sit their and tell contractors they cant gas up because its driving up the price ?????????????
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Do they normally fill their tanks? Yes. But if everyone goes out and gets spare gas cans and fills the car tank and fill this and that we have what we had a few weeks ago. PANIC, all because stupid people fill up because they are afraid it will run out. If everyone would use their brain for a change it wouldnt be as bad a situation as it will be.
  6. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

yea ok you got all the answers wise guy . Let me say this much when the stations start playing their damn games with the gasoline ,

I Planed ahead and stocked up on gas so when they start the game of were out of gas ill still be moving , So i guess im Stupid . NOTTTTTTT.

Uhhhhhhhh where was your head at with katrina up your ass????????? Its not that their afraid that they will run out its that they will. Wether their really dry at the pumps or not .

The stupid folks behind the gas are Future traders and Media , and some nit wits in the goverment ,
  7. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Gas just hit $1.79 per litre in Ontario, Canada which = $7.88 a gallon :angry:
  8. palm boy

palm boy LawnSite Member

lawnman scott- There was a decline in supply a few weeks ago and it was not b/c everybody went and filled up. Stations could not get deliveries. When this happens guess what? we run out of fuel. I suggest you fill all your tanks as Rita rips through the oil rigs in the gulf. That is in case you plan on using/needing any next week!!
  9. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

$1.79 x 3.8 litres in a US gallon = $6.80. Still a lot of money! :help:
  10. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

:confused: how did you get to that number? there is 3.785 litres in a gallon X 1.79 =6.76 subtract the current exchange rate .855 that makes it 5.80 a gallon in u.s. dollars.