1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Fill er up please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinger, Feb 6, 2005.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have been filling up at the same station for over 2 years now. I have them pretty much trained when I go fill up. They block off either the pump in front or the pump behind so that I am able to get out.
    Took a bad situation for them to figure out how much I spend at there establisment, however it worked out.
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

There's this:

Which is nice because it is DOT approved, buuuuuut, it only holds 10 gallons. If they made one that was 20-25 gallons, I'd be interested in that.

That would be good to have on the trailer, like in a basket on the front. Easy to fill at the station, then easy to fill equipment from at job sites.
    But again, just too small.
  3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinkin about getting a Transfer tank for the Back of my truck. I was just wondering though, Are they ok for gas? I know alot of people have diesel in them..Maybe just because it stays better longer. If I did get one and put gas in it, Obviously some type of additive would be used.
  4. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

Around Ohio you'd have to fill up on Wednesdays, because every Thursday they jack the price 15-20 cents per gallon to gouge the people who get paid (and fill up) on Fridays.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not sure exactly the reason, but gas is more explosive or the flash point is alot different from diesel fuel. Almost all the tanks you see for the bodies of trucks are approved for diesel and not gas. Before you stick one in the body you might want to check with your local rules and laws to be sure
  6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Crooks. Time for the local television stations to report on these slimeballs.