Filling a lawn care business online or c-ya a lawyer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GMP, Aug 21, 2006.

1. GMP

GMP LawnSite Member

Hi everybody:) I am looking to file my Lawn care business. My neighbor told me I can do it thru biz-fillings or other websites.My question is should I contact a lawyer to file or has anybody else did there's over the Internet? Is there any pro and cons filling over the internet?My business will be in the state of Ohio.Thanks for any input on this.

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I do just about everything online. But I think you have to goto the clerks office for the license. I had to I couldnt do that online.

3. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 LawnSite Member

just got mine rescently.
    I went to our county records department to file my DBA (business name) they should be able to help you from there.....HOPEFULY.:drinkup:

4. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

Go to http://www.sos.state.oh.us/ and fill out the forms online. I did this for my LLC. Then goto Ohio business gateway and apply for a service vendor's licence. It is very easy to get set up

5. GMP

GMP LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info!!!

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

wrong, wrong, wrong...did I say wrong? How in the hell do you know how to file as? LLC, S chapter Inc., C chapter Inc.? Spend the money to sit down with a business attorney (an hour or so) and let him tell you what is best for you.