1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Filling permagreen tires?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shady Brook, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I just took a nail in a rear tire on my new Magnum. I am not to excited by the owners manuals, and I can not find a proceedure of how to fill a repaired tire. Can anyone give me some infomration on how, and how much to put in the tires?

2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I have been wondering the same thing. I punctured one last year and just put air in the new tube, no anti-freeze ballast and I notice a difference.
    I soon need to replace the drive tires and haven't yet figured this out.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Many places can fill them. Look in your yellow pages. Many tire stores, and especially many farm tractor type places can do these. They have to actually decompress them, fill them with the fluid, then fill them with air.
  4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

take tire off
    place on side with valve up
    take out valve stem
    get a 3' piece of 1/4'' gas line
    place over stem
    get a small funnel place in hose or what i did i got a cap off a slime bottle and placed that on the hose
    start filling with rv anti freeze
    let line berp now and then
  5. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I'll try it.
    Thanks Ant:clapping:
  6. ant

what i did was place it on its side on the groundand hold the hose up/
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Did it work? Without leaking out?
  8. ant

how did u make out?
  9. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

I'd check on having them foam filled. Its kind of expensive but it saves on down time and adds weight to the machine. I wish that PG would have given the Magnum a lower center of gravity. I hate the way it feels top heavy. I know, I know, just don't fill it as much right? Well whats the reason for having one with such a big hopper then?
  10. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

The new PG sucks on hills. Don't even think about trying to turn around on even a slight hill side.

As far as getting fluid in the tire... I would knock one side of the tire off the bead and then turn it on it's side and DUMP the RV stuff in and then finish it off with air to seat the bead again.