1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Filter Mats and Lava rock

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Alan Bechard, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

Hi Gang, the wife and I are having an argument, Imagine that! Anyway, we just went out and serviced a pond we built (Aquascapes 6'X8') With the small pump. Basicly the pump was clogged, I finally figured out how to pull the bottom flat peice off and got the "goo" out and got it running again.

My questions are

does a filter mat and bag of Lava rocks go in the skimmer?

And no, I will not say who said what until after I get the firm yes or no answer! and if you answer wrong I will be a very lonely man for the next several nites so help me out here :D

How much can I disassemble this pump WGP-60? Does the bottom come off somehow or is it glued together?

Thanks for your assistance:D And I may look like this:blush: If I was wrong cause I said to "show me in the Book!" Rather forcefully. I have a feeling tonight will be plenty of this:sleeping: Instead of my favorite activities!!!!:D

Al B

2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

From everything I've read and seen, there's a filter mat in the skimmer, but the bacteria media(lava rocks) go on the filters in the falls. In my skimmer there's no room for a bag of rocks once you get the filter and the debris bag in it. As far as your pump I have no idea. Sorry!

Scott

3. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

No lava rocks in the skimmer, just the debris bag and mat to keep the big stuff from clogging the pump.