filters

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by duckworth, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Choice of filter depends on the average particle size you need to filter.

FYI ... there is nothing wrong with MPRotators ... however they are a poor choice for dirty water applications.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

No one in their right mind filters organic material if they have any choice in the matter. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to use sprinklers with strainers that clog from the water supply. Any above-ground strainer or filter will clog from water containing of organic matter, and you won't have an easy time of maintaining said filter or strainer. You will be cleaning filters on a very frequent schedule, if you can't just blow the water through the system.

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Of course kiril only steps up to the posts when it's time to criticize.

MPR's were designed for a low precip, water conservation method of watering. Yes, I understand THE GRAND SCHEME of water conservation as far as using creek water as well as city water.

Back to reality that just won't happen. It's still on a principal of money. When someone see's that they can use water for free vs paying for it. They are going to use more of it .

Mp's haven't stood the test of time yet. Especially on pump from dirty water applications. I wouldn't use them in that application

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't even say anything ..... but then why should I be anything than what some of the regs on this forum portray me as? Perhaps you might escape said "criticism" if you refrain from making idiotic statements. :waving:

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If there isn't room for rotor heads, then use spray heads without strainers under the nozzles.

6. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Perhaps you wouldn't be portrayed they way you are by these regulars if there wasn't truth to how they felt.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I've got some skanky systems where I used W*M brass nozzles w/o strainers; worked fine. A cleaning with 18g. wire is all they need. :clapping:

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yes .... of course ... :hammerhead:

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

It never ends with Kiril; try to be nice and have him kick you in the teeth. :dizzy:

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Do you even have any teeth left to kick old man? :laugh: :waving: