Fimco Flipout

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ARGOS, Sep 9, 2011.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

pete was fun............hope he had a good time and stops by for lunch today, i'll buy. :)

next time through i'll have a place for him to set camp, i regret not spending more time with him.....................:waving:

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Glad you guys had a fun visit.

Kind of short notice but to the guys in/around/near Austin come on out to Spicewood on Saturday the 17th. I am driving in my department's (Spicewood VFD) annual demolition derby.

No, I am not running my ex-wife's Jag, but a real detroit dinosaur, a 1976 4dr caddy. Got the old car screaming louder than my ex during the tasing.

Gates open at 4pm, event starts around 6pm. $7 to get in, byob but the department has a $5 cooler fee. Food is available from the Lions Club (I am also a member too) mostly comprised of BBQ type stuff. Dude doing the cooking knows BBQ so it should be alright.

I'll post a picture of the car some time later. Additional info is available at the department's website - google Spicewood VFD and it will provide the link. I have no idea what the web site is, I'm just a hose monkey, not a 'puter whiz.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Any pics, Pete/Jim?

4. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Clare saw it sitting on my desk and said "oh oh, Peter left that here. We better take it to him."

She knows how important it was to you. BTW I dropped it behind the book shelve in my office if I should die before you return to claim it.

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'd re-cycle it. No self respecting Texas water thrower should be caught dead with a Toro clipboard. :hammerhead:

DSCN1143texasclipboard.jpg

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Did anyone ever run those 500 series nozzles at the 15-18 psi shown on that clipboard?

7. ARGOS put it on ebay for a 100 bucks. If it sells put the money in the king fu jar. If it doesn't then ill have a goodvexcuse to swing by again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

like i said pete was fun, i wish we could have spent more time together.

we had time to screw around wih the TDR and then pete calabrated his moisture sensor, he demonstrated the proper technique for sneaking up on and taking a sample. poor ol' beau was worn out playing with argos' stella and was very slow moving when i saw him.

i hope that pete has a great trip, i look forwards to seeing him again

101_7208.jpg

101_7211.jpg

101_7212.jpg

101_7215.jpg

101_7217.jpg

9. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Pete and Beau stopped by for a short visit today on their way from north of SF to Pismo Beach. Wish we could have spent more time together, but after lunch at a Mexican seafood joint he was on his way to get there before dark.

Didn't think to take any photos... oh well.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

[​IMG]