Final drives takeuchi

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Sep 9, 2012.

1. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone remember what weight oil goes in them and how much? Anyone use synthetic?

Don't think I've ever changed the oil in one yet, and can't find the info online. I see three allen head plugs in them. Thanks.

2. swanny

Okay....Tl130 and 230 final drives take 90 weight with 1.06 qts. in each drive.

Arrange the plugs in the 12, 1:30, and 6 oclock positions. Remove plugs and put a 5 gallon bucket propped underneath the drive housing (works great). Let it completely drain, flush out with new oil, let drain, install 6 oclock plug with thread sealant.

Fill 12 oclock plug until 1:30 plug overflows...should take a squirt over a qt. total. Install remaining plugs with sealant.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

it is 90. its gear oil, i never heard of synthetic gear oil. An AW maybe

4. Dirtwerks

Dirtwerks LawnSite Member
    from IN

Last time I changed my TL130 I used regular 90W gear oil, but then I was in AutoZone a while back and they had I believe Valveline Synethic 90W gear oil, which is what I'm going to use next time, I've heard of other using synethic for drive motors.

Swanny I've got a TL130 that has a flutter noise when in a heavy load or when idling you ref it up fast it will flutter does your do this also or have I got something else going on.

5. swanny

I had the same thing two weeks ago when digging out a long driveway and was putting the spoils in a huge pile...trying to run on top of the pile with a full bucket...and the rpm's start pulsating. Changed the fuel filter when I got home and it doesn't do it any longer.

6. Dirtwerks

Dirtwerks LawnSite Member
    from IN

I've already changed the fuel filter and it did nothing.

7. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

how are your air filters?