Final input on WB purchase??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bmrdude, Jan 29, 2003.

1. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

First off, let me thank those who initially replied to my posting last week about what type of WB to buy. I've narrowed it down to two final contestants: Both with 36" fixed deck,

(hydroExmark Viking (hydro) or Snapper sphl141kw )

Something that I really like about the Snapper is that later on I can purchase a 48" floating deck and fit it to the mower unit! Does the Exmark have the same capability????
    I believe both machines are originally designed by Dean Scag, both have the same warranty. Price is about $500 less for the Snapper.

Your opinions are appreciated.

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

His name is Dane Scag
  3. Husker1982

Not being mean just correcting you so you know.
  4. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

Both WB mowers are very similar.........Hydro drive, 36" decks, similar style hand controls. The warranty is the same, as are most other WB's. The local Snapper dealer is very up front, honest, personable and willing to assist in any way. The Exmark dealer, is simply out to make a buck, shall I say.
  5. Husker1982

Sounds like it should be an easy decision
  6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the snapper SPLH141KW it is the best mcahine I have bought (hydro). It is vesy good with the grass. And I really like the loop handle strreing. It is a good machine and you won't regret it. I have a 48" deck on myne and it does great. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has lost power (14hp) because it's older. Get the snapper and I know u will that you will NOT be disapointed. Good Luck.:)
  7. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

Thanks for the straight info. I thought it was Dean. Now it makes sense.............Great Dane mowers!
  8. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the machine that handles the best for you , or go with the dealer that will be there for you. Sounds like you like the Snapper dealer better. That should help make the decision for you.
  9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer service is critical. We have a dealer that we use that will come and pick up the mower and bring a demo for us to use and then deliver ours back very quickly. No charge for this for the warranty years. He is in another town 25 miles away, but his service won our business. On the other hand if you get a bad dealer you will regret it big time if you have any problems with the mower.
  10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hey, Coonman glad to see your post
    That is the nicest thing I ever heard from a dealer can do to keep customer! Man, I wish I could have that kind of service like that...
    The bigger city you live the more arrogant dealer will become...go tow it yourself and unload otherwise get charged! I have never had a dealer like you have here in Florida. (My mower never stops, but it happened to my friend and he ended up paying for the cost of transporting it to the dealer)