Final Invoices of the season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lux Lawn, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Well since we are done for the season I sent out the final bills on Monday and with all the leaves being collected by the city two weeks ago these people don't seem to remember all the leaves they had,we show up every week blow them out to the tree lawn or tarp them now they are complaining about the cost.I just got my second call of the day.

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Surely though they were told and knew prior to the work what the cost would be and signed that contract? So what are the complaining about?

3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

People will complain about the time you spent there. They are used to spending 4 hours a weekend raking and bagging leaves; or they're used to seeing their son/grandson out there busting his balls all day. When you drop your equipment and get it all wrapped up in less than an hour and they see a bill for $120+, they're gonna say hmmmmmmm

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

If I have a customer that I think might be a pain in the but, I take a picture of the clean-up. Before, during and after there is a big pile right near the truck. And I word it on the invoice as 'leaf clean-up, removal and disposal. This obviously wouldn't apply if the city picks them up.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I think right now alot of people are spending $$$ for Christmas and it is competeing for the lawn care bux. Also here I get the same complaints every year from different people, I had to fill the oil tank up for winter and the ever popular property taxes are due by Dec 10th in my county yada yada yada.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yup, the worst time you're going to have is leaf season, i've always said it. i had one today infact complain about her bill of $225. we left the place spotless yesterday, it was the final cleanup. this lady like to hand pay her bill once a month. she wasn't home when we finished. i left the bill. it rained like hell all night, and winds up to 50 mph. she calls at 2 oclock today saying we didn't do a very good job, there are leaves on the lawn. leaves are a headache, and so is getting paid for them

7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

funny,,,,if you do mostly commercial you dont get those kind of complaints! of course they dont pay extra for leaves,,,,:)

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

how could they not pay for leaves?

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

its hard to get commercial accounts just to pay enough for cutting the grass,,,let alone getting them to pay for leaves!

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

so, what do you do, stop going in october? i don't understand.