Final Round fert Ratio 46-0-0 or 10-18-20 COOL SEASON TURF

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this has been discussed before, but would like some fresh input on this. I've always used 10-18-20 for my final App. but was thimking about trying 46-0-0 UREA on some of my less favorable lawns. What do you think?
    -Jay

2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I use 46-0-0 1/2 lb per m, it works great. Lawns green up nicely in the spring.

3. Shades of Green LService

Thats a nice profit margin.
    -Jay

4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I'm in this for!

5. Shades of Green LService

43,000 @ 1/2 rate. I like it, I like it.
    -Jay

6. Shades of Green LService

No one else has an opinion on this?
    -Jay

7. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i have read and heard mixed reviews. some say get as much water soluble nitrogen down as possible, others say get high potassium fert down to develop a hardier grass blade. i prefer high potassium ferts, but like hearing what others have experienced, especially the vets on here.

8. lilmarvin4064

lilmarvin4064 LawnSite Senior Member

I would do both. Mix them together if this is feasible for you. (Mixing takes less time than doing 2 apps) I think you should put down a pound of N, and no more than a pound of K. I usually do a pound of N and 1/2 pound of K, but you are farther north than me, so I would use more K up there.

Is there any slow release with the 10-18-20? and what is the source of K? MOP or SOP?

9. Shades of Green LService

No slow release, K sourse is sop.I think, don't have a copy of the label here.I was going to do a pound of k on the previous app. and 1 pound of N on the last App.
    -Jay

10. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Try some triple 40, man does it work great. The only problem it only comes in 100 lb bags.