Final round !!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Oct 30, 2010.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Starting round 5 next week, it's getting cold here so the timing is good. I'm going to make a list as i go of accounts that will require some spring seeding to bring them back up to par, still waiting for some local water bans to end. Im pleased with the results of our fall seedings and many lawns have emerged from this summer (from hell) in better shape than i expected! Companys that gambled and used cheap chemicals crashed & burned in S E massachusetts!

2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I am about 7 days from putting down lime, leaves drop early screwed me hard
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

King...you have that Cub ride on, right?

What is the going price on that thing?
    What are the drawbacks you see from it, after using it for a while?
    What are some advantages (besides cost)?

I am debating this machine. If it is still in the $3,500 price range new, I could get a brand new machine for what I would spend for a 5 year old, half beat Magnum.

4. lawn king

The XP has worked out great for me, the weed wand set up sucks and the fuel tank is small, aside from that its a great little unit for short money! I think i paid $3800. with tax. I would and probably will buy another. I was hoping the new lawn solutions spreader/sprayer would fit right into my operation, but it does not articulate, its a ZT, no thankx!

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

May i ask why a ride on has to articulate for you to be intersested.

Charles Cue

6. lawn king

A z will not hold a slope like a fixed axle machine. The xp and hps machines can handle grades that no other spreader/sprayer can. I prefer the smooth operation of an articulating machine, but im old school. i could use a vicon on my tractor, but i use a rotary sitrex, again, old school.

7. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I looked at them at GIE show and they are wide and low to the ground .

Around here you never turn a articulating on a slop up hill they fall over. But i am talking about a skidder or a loader. Good luck with your xp.

Charles Cue

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks King - I may just look into the XP.
    May I ask, what spray tips were you running and how is the machine on driftables?

9. lawn king

I have the factory Tjets on, the drift is bad in strong winds, very bad!

10. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

Finishing round 4 this week & starting round 5. Usually we are finishing round 5 this time of year (damn weather!). We still have a round 6 after that. I hope it does not snow early. Have not left $ on the table yet.