final week on cat 305c cr and bobcat 435zhs need advice

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mrsops, Mar 23, 2008.

1. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

hey guys so i have one more week before everything exspires on these machines if i dont make a decision by friday i lose out on 0% for 42 months and i lose out on an extra year bumper to bumper on both machines.. i know that the cat 305 is a real powerhouse it is definitely stronger then the 435 but there not speced out against each other the 337 is speced out against the 305 which the 305 was a better machine so the 337 is out of my head. i really like the 435 and its 13,000 cheaper. but what about the cat 304 how much does that machine go for? is the 305 and 304 that big of a difference? trying to save as much money as possible here.
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Just get the Cat and be done with it, you know damn well the Cat is stronger in everything versus the Bobcat, but you still seem to be holding on that little tiny shred of Hope that Bobcat will be the best.

Buy the Cat and start making money. [​IMG]
  3. mrsops

i have never had a problem making money with my bobcats as you can tell :weightlifter:.. i never said bobcat makes the best excavator for the 10th time i said they make the best skid steers :usflag:..
  4. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

I have been following this whole CAT vs Bobcat controversy.. They all get the job done, one may do it better. For me at least it's more of who is the better dealer. When I was shopping for a skid, I originally wanted a Cat. After Credit apps and numerous phone calls and emails, the sales guy just couldn't get me a demo. I thought it was just because I was "the little guy". Come to find out my old boss was dealing with the same guy on a 966 G. Same problem...I called my Bobcat Dealer at coffee time one morning, and he had me a 185 and a 205 on my job right after lunch break. I ended up buying the 185 0 percent for 36 months..When i looked at my credit report online, Bobcat never even ran my credit check. We can all have an opinion, but you have to base your decision on what works best for you..If Bobcat has done well by you, the choice should be obvious. I know this summer when I get a new mini, I only need to make one phone call. This is turning into the whole Ford vs Chevy, Blonde vs Brunette it could go on forever!
  5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I know very little about the cat due to no dealers less than 80 miles away. I have rented the bobcat ex. many times in the past (can't justify owning yet) and I have had good luck. I also just bought a new S205 BOBCAT. To me, your area, dealer support is huge! Is one better than the other - well I also drive all GM trucks!!
  6. mrsops

im a ford bobcat guy LOL bobcat has done very good by me the dealer support is there i may stick with bobcat
  7. mrsops

how do you like the s185 i owned 1.. i went with the s205 after that great machine
  8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I'am not a Cat fan but with the choices you have go with the 305. If the Bobcat is 13 grand cheaper either the Cat is overpriced or it says something about Bobcats quality. I did look at the specs and the 305 is a better machine.

You have two ways of looking at it a machine that will do some heavy digging(305) or something that will struggle with heavy digging (bobcat).

Trying to save money doesn't always work because you loose production.
  9. mrsops

i always value your opinion gravel because you know what your talking about.. well the reason why the bobcat is 13,000 cheaper is because the 435 is not speced up against the 305 its actually speced up against a 303 or 304 i was told.. when i demoed the 337 which is speced up against the 305 it was a nice machine but i liked the 305 better and the 337 was 4,000 cheaper.. but then i demoed the 435 which for some reason i liked alot better then the 337. i know on paper the 305 kicks the 435 butttt. i mean gravel what should i look into i know alot of guys like to look at the bucket break out force which the cat is like 11,200 lbs thats alot the 435 is only 8,000 but then again there not speced vs each other
  10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

If the Bobcat can operate and complete your jobs and you can save $13,000 I would say save money and go with the Bobcat. That is what I would do. That way since you said you drive Fords you can take that $13,000 and help cover all the repair bills those Fords give ya.:laugh: