1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Final word on mix? 32:1 40:1 50:1

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by DB COOPER, Jul 9, 2005.

DB COOPER LawnSite Member

all my machines are echo. they say 50:1. but reading around here some say 32:1 40:1 50:1 what has worked good for you guys?
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about 100:1 Amsoil! Even better!
  3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

amsoil 80 to 1 mix. i have been using it since the late 70's
  4. jud149

jud149 LawnSite Member

I have several Echo products and have always used the mix they call for. I'm curious why anyone would want to go against the manufacturer's recommendation. Am I missing something here? (Not trying to be a wise guy)
  5. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with that.
  6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

No your not missing a thing. It is the usual guy thing to find something better than stock. Women always trying to find the latest and greatest new decoration for the house. Men try to improve on their stock big boy toys. :D
  7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I run everything with Stihl oil mixed 50:1.
  8. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

if we follow the manufactures recomendations we would need several mixes - one with redmax oil, lawnboy oil, stihl oil, ect with different ratios. so most of us run one type of mix in all our equipment. i just have been using full synthetic amsoil mix for over 20 years. we have also been told to change our vehicle engine oil every 3000 miles but in the owners manuals most recomend oil changes from 5000 to 10,000 miles. just run what your comfortable with.
  9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I have 3 echo units and a 21" lawn boy. So, I mix up a can of lawn boy oil to 2 gallons of gas (comes out to be 2.2 gallons of gas becasue the an will hold more)) and use the mix in everything!
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have echo and redmax all 50:1 so it works out perfect to me i have no reason to try anything else.